Sunday, July 11, 2010

Absolutely Incredible Art made with Old Cassette Tapes |



I've got 2 large boxes completely full of old cassette tapes (remember those?) in my closet. There are probably over 400 tapes sitting there, degrading, losing their magnetic information, slowly dissolving into silence, or perhaps more correctly, white noise.

Will I ever listen to any of these again? Probably not. Heck, I don't even own a tape player. Even if I did want to listen to any of them one day, I'm sure I'd be considerably dissapointed in the sound quality (if there was any music still on them at all), after having been spoiled with cd's for so long.

I have no idea why I still keep them. Perhaps it's one part nostalgia mixed with one part being a bit of a packrat and one part denial.  Or maybe it's just the fond memories of seeing cassettes completely unravelled on the side of the road – their former owners apparantly hanging them out the window to see how far they would stretch behind the car.  





No comments:

Post a Comment